MY SCORE!: 3 PACKS OF INDEX CARDS, 2 CALENDARS... ALL FOR $10!

So today I went to my newly discovered favourite store - the Dollar Tree store. I had to get a few things for school... and for myself :).

I used to love shopping at the DOLLARAMA store - a Canadian 'dollar store', (read more about it on MFS-Canada) when everything was a dollar. All you North Americans will know what I'm talking about. These dollar stores have been popping up all over the place like a bad penny.  I couldn't believe everything in the store was for a dollar when they first opened.  Then a year or so later, it was 'a dollar or two'.  I was still fine with that. After all, we all knew EVERY, SINGLE, SOLITARY thing in that store was MADE IN CHINA.  These kind of stores make it so hard for us to support our economy in terms of 'buying locally made products', but that's a whole other story I won't be getting into right now.
Anyways, so then it went from a dollar or two to three dollars or more, on a lot of items.

Now, you still find things here and there for a dollar but mostly it's 2.25 or 3.25 so now the store is just called DOLLARMA - $1 Plus.  P-lease.  Who are they trying to kid?  Now you have to be careful what you pick up since not everything is a buck or two anymore. (By the way, there's also another Canadian dollar store called A Buck or Two, lol).

Dollarama Store

Happily, by chance, I found a new store - Dollar Tree store, where EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING is for a $1.25 or LESS!!  This discount chain store is American operating in various parts of Canada.

Look what I bought for $10 (before taxes):








  1. 1 - 4x6 Ruled Index Cards (100)
  2. 1 - 3x5 Neon Ruled Index Cards (75)
  3. 1- 3x5 Ruled Index Cards (200)
  4. 1 - 2013-2104 Student Calendar Planner
  5. 1 - 2014 Monthly Planner 
  6. 1 - Pack of 4 Gripper Pads (Great for opening lids on jars and pop)
  7. 1 - Skimmer Utensil
  8. 1 - Betty Crocker Kitchen Scissors 






Proof:



I love the student planner calendar and I usually buy one each year. It helps me to keep track of all the bills owing. When it has been PAID, I just mark a line through it along with a 'P'.
For $1.25, it's an easy way for me to keep a record of  all the bills I have paid or needed to be paid, BEFORE having to go searching through my files - online or off!



If I were to buy these at Walmart or another big brand name store, I'm pretty sure I'd be paying $20 or more.  What a score!

Oh and the scissors, not just any scissors, but a Betty Crocker scissors! Lol. Some items - you get what you pay for while other items such as this pair of scissors, you just can't beat if for $1.25.  You have to shop smart!


I'll post from time to time things that I buy there and you tell me if you can get it all for less elsewhere.... betcha you can't ;)

Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment