MY SQUIRRELS ENJOYING SOME FRENCH FRIES AFTER THE FIRST SNOW FALL

I've always 'heard' squirrels will eat just about anything that is thrown at them - at least I know they will eat french fries!
After our first snow fall of the season (Autumn isn't even over yet, winter arrives December 22), some hungry squirrels came out and I ran out of peanut butter to feed them but I had some left over, homemade french fries. I almost felt guilty feeding them these fries but it was either that or chocolate chip cookies. (I think they would have eaten them also.)

They were waiting for me as usual at the door and after that early snow fall, they were probably very hungry and forgot (or were too lazy), to look for all that food they buried all over my yard, the neighbour's yard and probably the entire park behind us.

Sometimes I try to 'shoo' them away but they always look so innocent standing there on their hind legs with their front paws turned in and close to their chest making you feel guilty and all. Eventually, I tossed them some fries to see if they would eat it and sure enough they did! They were enjoying them so much, after awhile, they were eating them 2 at a time.












They almost looked like they were smiling at me as if to say 'thanks'.



Wait a minute. That's how they always look....











































"Thanks again"


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hahaha... yes! They are getting so chubby. Perhaps they are getting plump for winter! ;)

      Delete