SOME SHOVELLING ON 'SNOW DAY'...

I'm sure we all have our 'snow day', or 'storm day' stories and pics we'd all like to share and I'm no exception. Here is my story during and after  the storm.

I was all excited on snow day!  It was a snow day for all the kids - schools were closed! It also happened to be my day off from work so I had decided to gear up, put my winter boots on and head on over to my son's place to do some shovelling.  We really haven't had any major snow storm where I could say I REALLY had to shovel any snow... at least with any effort.  Usually it was light enough or it would disappear quickly the next day due to rain or warmer temps.

Well, not today.  Today was a snow storm day and the next day wasn't getting any warmer.  The snow was coming down thick and heavy, not the light fluffy stuff so I knew it was going to stay.


My son was still asleep. He had a late night at university. His car, of course, was covered.  Even worse than ever, but I wasn't touching it.  No sirree! He can do it himself!  I'll be doing some shovelling elsewhere.



The snow was coming down hard and...







 The plow truck seemed to already passed once....




But the plows won't go in between the garages to the right.  I used to live here once, some many moons ago, so I knew a lot of the elderly folks in this building.  One needed my help to get her car in an out of the garage with ease.  I said 'no problem', parked my car and got straight on it clearing the snow in front of her garage!


Fifteen minutes or so later...






The hood on my coat was too big for my head, so it was always covering my eyes which made it difficult for me to see what I was doing at times...



but I carried on.







Later and finally...




By the time I was done, I was a different shade of brown and I looked like an ugly wet rat!  



Oh well, we all can't be beautiful, especially on a day like today.  But wow!  What a work out that was. That's the most exercise I think I've done in weeks! Perhaps months - but who's keeping track?  :)


The snow was still coming down, but it was time for me to move on to the next garage.  



So what did you do on this stormy day?



LATER THAT DAY...

The wind really started picking up throughout the day.  It created huge snow drifts that blew off almost all the snow off my son's car (he got lucky there), but in turn created huge snow drifts which almost kind of 'cocooned' his and other cars in...  Remember that vehicle that was parked beside his in the above photos?  It was gone but a huge snow bank was created in its place...









Notice the plow truck in the background.  He did this pass numerous times throughout the day.










THE NEXT DAY AFTER THE STORM, I headed back home.  I did a quick pass through the parking lot of my son's building before heading on.  I was happy to see my hard work paid off.  My friends should have no problem getting in an out of their garages now.



I wish I could say the same for the rest of the lot, but everywhere seemed to be a mess...



...and the snow piles were so huge.   I could barely see around the corner.





But it was time to head out.





First I had to put some air into one of my tires.  The air pump was almost covered in snow...






Then get some gas...




Sh*t!  Gas was so expensive - 129.8/ltr.



And then I was on my way!  I'll try to update this later with more photos - otherwise, till next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment