Going From Warm to RED. A Tiny Bedroom Makeover

So a week or so ago I was visiting my son when he told me he was going to be painting one of his bedrooms red. "RED you say?" (I couldn't believe it. Why red??) "Yes," he replied quietly (he's a very quiet kid), yet adamantly, "red". This I had to see.




It was a very tiny room. In fact, the whole place was tiny - under 1000 sq. ft., but this room was the tiniest of all the rooms. So with help from his friend's dad, they set off on painting the room red. What used to be a BROWN yet fairly warm and comfortable bedroom was now going to be turned into a REDRUM. Sorry. That's all I could think about every time the words red room were mentioned. You know, from that classic movie, The Shining?

Anyways, it's his place so he can do what he wants to. But against his wishes (something I NEVER do), I've decided to share some photos of it with you.


Before:



(Oh my! That mattress looked like it has seen better days.)


 





During...





Looking good from here!...






And AFTER...

He also painted the shelves, bed and computer desk black - and added some black curtains!










And there you have it! His redrum red room! That's about all the photos he would allow me to take/share but you get the picture ;).




If the room looks familiar to some of you who frequent my blog, that is because it was once a place we renovated, (see tons more photos of it under MY RENOS).

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment